In this virtual program, past participants have expanded their responsibility, gotten promoted, won new roles from interviews, and
increased effectiveness as a Change Agent in their current role.
Next Level Leadership Program:
1. Set and Pursue a Bold Goal:
Start the program declaring a specific outcome you want for the Program (e.g., A Promotion; Successful Project; Expanded responsibility), and the perception that is needed of you in order for decision makers to support that Goal.
Identify and plan an inspiring ‘Bold Goal’ that helps you create this desired perception: A Bold Goal helps you rise above ‘day to day’ responsibilities with an initiative that showcases strategic and leadership capabilities and makes you visible by a broader group of stakeholders. It re-energizes passion, positions you for future opportunities, and helps you overcome potential gender, ethnic, and/or generational bias.
2. Four months of in-depth skill building
Webinars are recorded. Video/audio Replays and Action Guide are housed in the learning portal, available at your convenience.
Month 1 Influence for Impact: Communicate Powerfully to Get a "Yes"
Get approval and buy-in for your ideas. Be that person who sounds eloquent and lights up the room with her ideas. Inspire others to action. Be invited to have a seat at the table across the organization.
- Get a "Yes" the first time you ask and overcome resistance by developing X-Ray vision into needs of decision makers so you
- Make a stakeholder map and Customize your "Ask" to each decision maker
- Become a visible and Respected Thought Leader, Go To Expert, or Change Agent
- Display an enterprise-wide mentality to achieve broad-based influence
- Communicate concisely so people immediately ‘get’ your ideas
- Articulate powerfully (even when thinking on your feet)
Month 2 Communicate with Confidence
Shift your Mindset: Stop playing small and step up into the most confident and bold version of yourself.
- Free yourself of self doubt, second guessing, hesitation, and fear of others’ judgments so you have confidence to take bold action and ask for next level opportunities.
- Have a strong opinion without ‘coming on too strong’
- Communicate confidently to big groups/senior leaders
- Lift up from perfectionism to be a Strategic Leader
- Speak up or pushback even when intimidated or worried
- Communicate with confidence even if you don’t know all the answers
- Fearlessly offer bold ideas and take risks
- Trust yourself to make decisions without angst
- Source confidence from within rather than worry how others will perceive you.
Month 3 Salience: Position Yourself for Next Level Opportunities
"Work" your stakeholder map to grow a network of people who support your next level advancement and expanded impact
- Find and ask for a sponsor
- Network to get known internally/externally by people who will help your career
- Articulate your strengths and align them with organizational needs
- Know how to show an 'enterprise wide' mentality so you are already seen as a leader
- Position yourself as a 'go to' Expert
Month 4 Resilience: Be a Calm, Powerful Leader who Doesn't React
Stay emotionally in control by being fact based and objective. Turn ‘heat of the moment’ reactions where you used to feel disrespected or frustrated into actions that make others look to you as a leader. Have tools to find calm, stay present, and have ‘big ideas’ even during crazy busy days.
- Stay poised and fact-based instead of reacting or being defensive
- Stay calm and detach from difficult or intimidating people
- Be alert and energized when you want it; calm and present when you need it
- Get out of the ‘weeds’ of your task list and act strategic
3. Monthly small group coaching and accountability calls
Get coached to achieve your Goal for the Program, adjust your ‘messaging’ to increase Influence, and position yourself for next opportunities. Be accountable for your progress. You will be inspired by and learn from confidential peer mentoring by other high achieving emerging leaders.
To accommodate your schedule, you'll have multiple times you can choose from to be on the calls.
4. 'Kick off the week' Monday a.m. call
Kick off your week with a lightening round in which you celebrate accomplishments from the prior week and set an intention for the upcoming week. These calls are energizing and inspiring.
5. Private chat forum
About the Leader/Master Coach
Sharon Melnick, Ph.D. is a global authority on the advancement and retention of female talent. Her practical tools are informed by 10 years of research at Harvard Medical School and field tested by over 20,000 training participants.
With a team of multicultural coaches, her virtual coaching programs have a strong track record supporting white women, African-American, Asian, and Latinas to expand responsibility, gain promotion, and achieve significant recognition for increasing bottom line impact to the organization
An internationally sought after speaker, she has presented at over 100 women’s leadership conferences (she has even presented at the White House and the United Nations). Her trainings create buzz and receive repeat invites from over 25 Fortune 500 companies.
Her varying presentations on Resilience, Confidence, and Influence are hailed as “the most valuable part of our women’s leadership programs”, including from client organizations such as Eli Lilly, Genentech, Procter and Gamble, Celgene, MetLife, NY Life, Novartis, GE, Sodexo, Merck, OmniCom, Morgan Stanley, Freddie Mac, and many others.
She is the author of the bestselling books Confidence when it Counts: Rise Above Self-Criticism and Bias to Make your Mark and Success under Stress: Powerful Tools for Staying Calm, Confident, and Productive when the Pressure’s On, with a book in progress titled From Pigeon Holed to Promoted: Proven Strategies for Next Level Impact. She is the CEO of Horizon Point Inc., an international coaching and training firm, and a certified WBE and LGBT supplier.
Organizational Clients Include:
Horizon Point Inc. consistently receives highest ratings and 100% repeat invites for their corporate training and coaching.
Results from the Next Level Leader Program:
Join the Next Level Leadership Program Today
We will have a 2nd kickoff call June 27th, Registration open until June 26th.
On-boarding materials are available immediately. You can schedule your 1:1 any time once you register. We will continue on-boarding throughout the month of June if you need time to get started.
Have questions? Need an extension in order to register? Email Dr. Melnick directly at email@example.com
We have a sample letter for you to use when asking for reimbursement, where should we send it to?
(The email will come from Sharon@SharonMelnick.com with the subject line Sample Letter for Manager)
Results from the Next Level Leader Program: